9.03.2010

Hummingbird LOVE! (And Beauty!) (21:365!)


This is what I've been waiting for ALL summer...

The opportunity to catch a Hummingbird on CAMERA!

Well today was my LUCKY DAY!!

I love all these shots, even the slightly out of focus ones! ... Hummingbirds are so hard to catch ..those fast little buggers!

But I managed and gave my self a photography positive pat on the back!

14 Lovely Reader(s) Said:

Tracey Washington said...

OMG! These are awesome! I know how hard it is to capture these little guys but you did magnificent :) Big pat on the back!

KT said...

These are SPLENDID!!! I adore the first one...and by adore I mean I'm totally jealous! Great job!!

thepunkrockmom said...

SO glad you came to my blog- so I could find yours! GORGEOUS pix! And I will definitely enter your contest! :)
I'm hosting another one on Tuesday- so stop by and enter if you can!

<3MaryAnne
Following you as well! :D

thepunkrockmom said...

Oh, and what settings did you use on your camera to catch such great shots of such a fast moving little birdie? Again, awesome shots!

Natalie said...

Thanks Tracey and Katie!
And PunkRockMOM! My ISO was at 100, my shutter was 1/800 and aperature of 1.8 (50mm lens) OH and my weapon of choice is the Sony A230 DSLR.. small and beginner's camera but works wonders! Hope that helps, this was late evening when the shots were taken! It was the low ISO coupled with the high (fast) shutter speed to catch the wings int the first one! Thanks for following and I will stop by Tuesday!

janineb said...

great job! they are so illusive and magical when you do capture them. i am still waiting for my turn too :)

Jessica Marie said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing your blog. I'm now a follower and can't wait to start the challenges. I'm a beginning photographer, so these challenges are always fun! Thanks again! :)

Unknown said...

they great photos, I think I like the most that second photo
on the other thing-I'll try to link up with your photo challenge next week, have a lovely weekend:)

Janis said...

Great shots, lucky you. I did manage to capture my little H.bird friend last night at dusk. My shot is more of a shilouette.

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

WOW! These are fantastic! The main lens I use is a 24-70, and I'm really wanting a "zoomier" lens to get in close like this!

Just wanted to make sure you got my loooong email to you yesterday. I didn't want to leave all that in your comment section, but wanted to make sure it came thru. Have a great weekend! :-)

Ashley Sisk said...

WOw - these shots are gorgeous. Great captures.

Reading Allowed said...

Great job! I just did a hummingbird post myself. I took 80 something shots and only got 4 pictures I liked! Those guys are hard to catch in action.

Natalie said...

Wow guys, thanks for all the positive-ness! You all brighten my days!!!! Enter my challenge if you haven't so I can come see some of your beauties! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. Great job!

© 2011 The Franklins, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena