3.19.2010

Getting Religious

I look back and I see I mentioned that I'm thankful and that I'm blessed but I am not giving full credit to the very person who has given me the ability to draw the breath it takes to say that, God.

My life has been full of ups and downs, wrongs and rights, faithfulness and lack of faith. But no matter what, for any second, did I ever believe that God wasn't real. There are too many miracles and "phenomenons" as we've began calling them going on for there not to be a someone out there, a higher power watching over us. I am ashamed to say that I've not read the greatest book ever written but the ultimate author, the same author who writes our lives. There have been so many times that I've told myself, you should open it and read it and try to decipher it in your own way. For we all know that even if the same man were to read the same verse twice, he was draw a different meaning each time. The Bible is the book of knowledge and should be something we turn to in times of need, desperation, anguish and suffering. Someday I will open that Holy book and I will open my soul and heart to the most important and useful knowledge we can learn.

I've had so many things happen in my life that I know God saw me through. There's no doubt in my mind that Angels walk among us as well. I was told something a couple weeks ago that made me stop and think. I was told that as we grow older from a child, our mind grows calluced and tough, and our eyes are sheilded by a veil that prevents us from seeing other worldly beings. Think about that. How innocent is a child? Look into their eyes and you will see no evil, only wonderment and amazement and the want to learn about this strange new world they had recently entered into. Is there any doubt when you hear them giggling and smiling at absolutely nothing that there could be an angel there that we can't see? If not what are they in amazement of? What has given them this feeling of happiness and laughter? My son has done this numerous times and each time I assure him his Guardian Angel was there to protect him always when Mommy or Daddy wasn't.

I could tell so many stories that I've felt the presence of the Lord by my side. A gentle feeling of ease in times I was extremely emotional and stressed. God never turns His back on His children. He is always listening whether you think so or not. He gave his only Son to wash away our sins. Now think about that, think about sending your only precious begotten son to a world full of ugliness and hate and sacrificing him in order to restore peace and belief to the people of the world. God is Almighty, he is the Alpha and the Omega and he knows all. He is strong and carries us in times of weakness but in my heart I think he may also weep for us at times because things go on in this cruel and ugly world that not even the lowest animals in the food chain would do. This world is crazy, and it is only becoming more so that way. That's why I cling to God with all my might and trust that He protects my family and I from the evil in the world.

So in this post I want to give my gratitude and appreciation and praise to God for being there for me always throughout my life. There have been times where I have prayed for things to happen and they haven't, but that doesn't mean I should assume He wasn't listening, it just wasn't meant to be. I try to live a good life, I try to turn a cheek when someone smites me and overlook things that deserved to be overlooked. I try to forgive quickly because tomorrow is not guaranteed. I try to carry no grudges for a grudge is the heaviest thing for one to carry..no matter how happy they pretend to be. I try to appreciate the small things because material things don't come with us when we go. I posted pics of a scene that my Aunt mailed me in the mail last week. I didn't know it was coming until last minute and the look of it sitting in my window with the sun shining through the stained glass warmed my heart at the scene.

Also before I conclude I would like to post the lyrics to a song that is the most powerful gospel I have ever heard. I sing this song ..still. I do not currently attend church and I feel I need to get back in and get our son in to learn about God early. But going to church doesn't define how well you know God or how well your relationship is with him. But it is a place of learning and knowledge, it's God's house. A place of refuge for the sinners and do-gooders alike. This song is called How Great Thou Art and when sung right is powerful on the soul..just reading it gives me chills. So enjoy the song..listen to it's words and learn from it.

O Lord my God,

When I in awesome wonder,

Consider all the worlds Thy Hands hath made,

I see the stars; I hear the rolling thunder,

Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed;



When through the woods and forest glades I wander,

And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;

When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,

And hear the brook; and feel the gentle breeze;


Then sings my soul!

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!


When Christ shall come, with shouts of acclamation,

And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!

Then I shall bow in humble adoration,

And there proclaim,

"My God, how great Thou art!"


Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

0 Lovely Reader(s) Said:

© 2011 The Franklins, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena