7.28.2010

"One" Of Everything Cobbler

Hey there! I didn't fall off the Earth, I've just been a little busy the last couple of days with some family :) Yesterday's activities included a get-together at my home where I prepared a LARGE meal on my own..it consisted of homemade chili, chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and peach cobbler as dessert. All the foods were a hit and I will provide the recipes for most later but today I'm going to give you my "One" of Everything Cobbler recipe my Pappaw uses! (Sorry folks, no photos of the delightfullness this time, it was so good it was gone by the time my husband got home!

You Will Need:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup self-rising flour
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1 large can of sliced peaches (not drained)
Here are the few simple steps to create this little sweet dish!..
Preheat your oven to 350, while it's in the preheating process place your stick of butter in a small casserole dish (not too small but smaller than a 13 x 9 cake pan) and let it be melting in the oven. While that's happening mix together the flour, sugar and milk in a separate bowl, set aside. Get your melted putter out of the oven (Caution: HOT!) duh! ;) then pour your entire can of peaches in the butter. Next pour your not-too-thin, not-too-thick "bread" mixture all around in the dish (note*it will sink to the bottom which is fine, as it bakes it will rise to the top!) Then bake on 350 for 30-45 minutes or until the bread mixture is lightly brown. I like cobbler best when it's lukewarm so I usually wait 30 minutes to an hour before eating it, but some people like it piping hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, its your choice! Enjoy..its DELISH!

0 Lovely Reader(s) Said:

© 2011 The Franklins, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena