6.16.2011

One More Day!

I'm all about some weekends if you haven't noticed! They're my FAVORITE part of the week! I hope you all have had a good one! A couple posts ago I talked about how excited I was for my friend, Kara's, induction Tuesday (the past Tuesday) and I'm SO happy to say that she gave birth to a beautiful, healthy 7lb 12 oz 20.5 inch long little bundle of beauty at 8:47 AM Tuesday morning! I have come up with nicknames for her two kids (Addison & Gunner)-Since Addy's middle name is Reese she's my "Reese-es Pieces" and Gunner is my "Gunny Bun". Aww so "sweet" ;)

She is now home and recovering and resting and I couldn't be happier for her and her little (now) family of four! Also-today was her and Sean's two year wedding anniversary! So if you'd like head on over to her blog The V Quartet and wish her a happy day!

Smiles; LEM
Tara's photo challenge link up for tomorrow will be "Smiles" and here is a shot of Kara before the pain really started kickin in! I did her hair for her-to keep it under control and her lookin good ;-)
june14-5
I forget what/who she was laughing at but this is a genuine smile!


Water; Project Alicia
june3-10
We've been in the pool SO MUCH already. So naturally I should have some water shots ;)


Upside Down; Mom Tried It
This one was a little tricky-so I thought "I was on the upside looking down? EH?! Does it work?! Okay okay.
Finger Painting!


Today was a lazy sorta day-I had my younger sister blow MANY many bubbles so I could capture some shots and it was fun-I also took Dillon for a late afternoon swim! Here is a bubbles shot I love:
june16-2
and then, she {snapped}Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
And a couple more bokeh-licious ones for fun:)
june16-5
june16-9

Thanks for visiting & commenting (if you want to/do!)♥

22 Lovely Reader(s) Said:

Cecily R said...

All such great shots, but my goodness, the bokeh in with your sister blowing bubbles is beeeeeautiful!!!

Kara said...

i love you, number one.

number two, this post made my heart seriously smile such big smiles! not just that my special, 2nd most favorite moment in the world was part of your post.. but that you blogged about me & my happiness and my anniversary and my babies and just, aah! :)

thank you for the smile. i needed it! I'm doing okay and resting but i miss youu! it's gonna kill me to not be able to drive for 2-3 weeks :/

and pictures.. SOON!!! :)))) kkkk???

Casey said...

awesome shots, Love the smile :) I know that smile too :) and the bubbles are perfect!

~Shari said...

Congratulations to your friend and her new family!!!!

That bubble shot rocks!!

*crosses my fingers for your NEW car*
(Fb ya know) ;)

Christina said...

Wow! The colors in that bubble shot are awesome!

Courtney said...

Just hopped over to catch up. Beautiful shots, Natalie! Looks like you are enjoying your summer. Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!

Kristen Laudick said...

Beautiful shots! Love the bubbles. And the bokeh.

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm so excited for Kara - she looks so happy!

kayerj said...

love them all, but I especially like the one in the pool. have a nice day. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Self Sagacity said...

Great photos of the kids.
If you have time on Thursdays, Come & Play: Thursday Two Questions Meme. Have a great weekend Self Sagacity

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Love these shots.. and somehow I am so far behind reading your blog.. so I will catch up today!

Susan said...

What great pictures!! Congrats to your friend on her new addition!

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

You have somehow or other disappeared from my reader! Great shots!

Unknown said...

Stopping by for the water shot, but am falling for those bubbles! Awesome shot!

alicia said...

Love your little blog over here. Very cute! And love your pics. Thanks so much for linking your water pic up to our Crazy Days of Summer challenge. How do you get the cool bokeh with the bubble pics? Hang on to those. We have a bubbles theme coming in July. (Wink, wink.)

Michelle R said...

Alright, dear friend! I'm all about weekends, too, but man, I don't like thinking I'm wishing my life away just waiting on the weekends...

Yay for new babies -- so glad you got to be around for your friend and help capture those special fleeting memories!! :)

Ugh, I haven't gone swimming yet this year.... that MUST change, and soon!! :)

:) cute up-side-down shot -- very nice perspective... and stink, girl's got some beautiful lashes!!

bubbles! love em!! Good job capturing them -- getting the focus right is a pitb, isn't it!?

oh, my word! look at that bokeh in the last two shots -- love love love!! But I love the kiddos more! :)

And of course, I love visiting and commenting -- I've just been a slacker lately... :)

xxoxoox
Me

Branson said...

Love that bubble shot! And your water pic is super cute!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

That water pic is awesome! Your little guy is going for it with that water gun thingy he's playing with! Too cute. :) All of these pics are just great. Love the bubbles shot too!
Thanks so much for joining Alicia and I for the Crazy Days of Summer photo challenge. I enjoyed looking at all of your pics and hope you'll join us again next week we tackle a new theme: YELLOW.
Hope you're having a great weekend...

Tara said...

Great shots!!! Love them all, the smile shot is fantastic!!!

Colleen @ Mommy Panda said...

We have the same tube-thing for my son. He hasn't used it since our trip to Florida, but he loved it!

Brianna Renee said...

great photos! i love the 1st one. what a special moment to capture :)

Kim said...

Love the bubble shot! The upside is fantastic. It was a difficult theme. I was kicking myself. lol. Thank you so much for joining in the crazy theme, any way. The photo is great.

© 2011 The Franklins, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena