3.05.2010

I am So Blessed.

I wake up in the morning most times alone since my husband is on day shift permanently. But you know, that's so okay becuase I know that it's something he is doing for us not to us. My husband tries hard to do as much as he can to keep us clothed, fed and happy. Also I am not completely alone because my little sidekick is usually not far behind me waking up.

If he's not ready to greet me my routine is to get up, get his sippy of milk ready and his breakfast and to be super quiet until he arises. No TV, no bumping around or knocking things over. I'm usually on the computer in the early AM. Then when he wakes up I change his diaper and clothes, give him his food and sippy and turn on Nick Jr. [my life saver]. The rest of my morning consists of listening to mind numbing repetitive childrens shows.

In between I do my 'wifely duties' as I call them; laundry, cleaning and cooking. Some days I have tons of energy and can clean like a crazy person. Other days I procrastinate and find dozens of excuses for not doing this or finishing that. Either way though it gets done in the long run and that's all that matters right?

Starting at around 4:30 PM I anxiously await the phone to ring because I know when it does nine times out of ten it is my knight in shining armour. He calls [when he does remember his cell phone that is] when he gets out of work letting me know he is on his way home. After that Dillon and I play the waiting game for anywhere from 5-20 minutes depending on where Daddy was when he called.

Our truck has a distinct sound [as does any vehicle when you own it and have memorized it's sound] and I can tell when Daddy is near. Once I hear the truck climbing our driveway I yell DADDY'S HOME! And it never fails for me to see my son drop what he's doing and jump up in excitement and start barreling for the front door. I join him and we both wait in excitement for Daddy to climb the steps and come in, the whole time my son is standing there holding my index finger saying "Daddy! Daddy!" over and over.

That right there is the routine I usually complete daily. I wouldn't trade the time I share with my husband and son for anything in the world. I am truly blessed to have a husband that ALLOWS me to stay home with our son. I feel like I can never do enough to repay him for working 5-6 days a week and myself not contributing a bit in a 'monetary' sense. I do contribute in terms of clean house and fed and healthy/happy child, but I feel like I need to do more. Someday we'll see what is in store for us. Everyone has dreams, even if they say they don't they have secret ones. I try to do my best to support dreams because dreams make our mind happy and grow.

To conclude my thoughts I would love to say that time is much more valuable than a dollar. I would never trade lost time for money. Material things do not matter to me and I've never considered myself to be 'spoiled' just well-taken care of. There's a majorly obvious difference between those two things and if you are smart you know this already. But I am blessed with a 15 month old son and a man whom I've had in my life for 7 years now...they make me happy beyond words and complete my life!!

0 Lovely Reader(s) Said:

© 2011 The Franklins, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena