2.08.2011

A Shoot to Share!

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of shooting a "secret" session with a family of three {4}. I put the 4 in brackets because the lady/Mother was pregnant with her second child and wanted to announce it in a special way to all of her friends and family. It was my complete honor to photograph her and her husband and son giving subtle hints in their photographs that they were soon to be a family of four. I had fun doing the shoot although it was a 45 degree day we managed to not freeze.

She planned on waiting until I got her disc to her then printing them and presenting them in envelopes to her family all at once, but she liked them so much she broke down and shared them all today via facebook :-) So I'm glad she was please with them and so happy for their new addition! Here is a sneak peak into the shoot:

The yellow tones in this would be great for Mellow Yellow Monday right? :D Also I'm going to enter this into Hollie's theme "True Love" this week over at Perceptive Perspective.
MellowYellowBadge
Photobucket


This is my Sweet Shot of the week for sure!
Sweet Shot DayGrace loves the beatles
To see these and a few more you can head over to my Business Blog and check them out!

Now on Sunday I got to see my niece and nephew, Colton and Addy. You've probably seen this little girl over at her Mom's blog. They were born a mere 5 days apart and they are getting to where they play so well together. Here are a few pictures of them being their cute little two year old selves :)

Playing with your cousin is definitely an activity right? Well I'm using the photo above as my entry to Chelsey's Show and Tell this week over at Paper Heart Camera blog where the theme is "Activity". To see more go here:
Photography love...
And a big thanks to Chelsey for featuring my "Brown" themed photo entry last week! To see it, go HERE.
Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

Photobucket


fe

And I'm getting two birds with one stone here. This photo is probably familiar if you look at my header when you drop by. The theme at Trendy Treehouse this week is eyelashes and the theme at Allie Photography's blog is black and white. So here is the best of both worlds...a black and white photo of my son's adorable eyelashes!

ShutterLoveTuesdays

Okay and lastly the theme over at I {Heart} Faces this week is "Hearts". This photo from a recent session immediately came to mind. Not only are they holding a metallic heart but if you look closely where her bangs meet his forehead it makes a heart shape there. Their noses touching being the bottom 'point' of the heart...do you see it? Or is it just me? LOL!
jan29-15


Lastly I am so honored and happy and all kinds of smiling to announce that my photo placed FIRST over at Captivus blog! A big fat Thanks again to all of you who voted for me! I am so thankful for every single vote, comment, follower friend I gain and I am just touched by your words! I had a long weekend and day today as I had family here all day so if I haven't stopped by please don't think I'm ignoring you! I try to respond to every single comment in some way and I'm so thankful for a group of people as kind and just plain AWESOME as you guys! And a big thanks to Shauna for placing me in the top 5 to begin with. I had stiff competition with 4 other WONDERFUL photographers!


31 Lovely Reader(s) Said:

Casey said...

Love Love the upside down kiddo pic! :) so cute! & the heart kissy picture is beautiful too!.
Don't you just love little eyelashes! great shot!

4 Lettre Words said...

LOVE that lash capture, Natalie! Just perfect. And, what a fun pregnancy shoot.

Elizabeth Lyng said...

I love those eyelashes, and the shot with the boy or girl blocks from your photo shoot is just so creative - lovely!

- Jessi - said...

Great photos! I love the balloons one. They are all so good, it's hard to choose!

Anonymous said...

These are so great! Wonderful photos.

Ashley Sisk said...

Congratulations to the new mom! Love the added balloons. I think that adds something wonderful. And I love the rest of your pictures as well...I just can't think past 2 or 3 images.

Anonymous said...

:-) Congrats again on your 1st place!

LOVE this shoot! I've been thinking about using balloons for an upcoming shoot myself! I promise Im not copying you!!!! ;-)

allie k reid said...

Those are all great! I really like the b&w photo! Thanks for linking up to Happy Monday! :)

Hollie said...

Adorable! I love the "sweet" shot!

Traci said...

Fabulous variety of ideas! And I DO see that white heart of light - just amazing!! Congrats on your win - I tried to click over to see it, but couldn't find it...will go through your previous posts.

Missy said...

What a great idea - and that truly is the sweet shot. :) Excellent capture!

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT way to share such special news - and what an exciting shoot to be a part of!
Love all your photos!

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful photos! Every.single.one.

=)

Unknown said...

Congrats!! love your portrait style!!

Unknown said...

Awwwww. The family pictures are so sweet! I LOVE it! I hope their family is very happy and surprised! What a fun way to tell them! Love. Love. LOVE! : )

All of the pictures are just gorgeous. I especially love the baby face. beautiful!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those came out great! Love that one with the blocks

Maddy said...

If I was the expectant mom-to-be, I'd want to share these photos quickly too! They are all so sweet!!

Casey Snyder said...

Great pictures! Love the one you chose for Sweet Shot Tuesday!

Michelle said...

Wonderful as always! What a great idea for announcing a pregnancy, I love it! And the one with the little boy upside down is my favourite for sure!

Michelle R said...

Great job again!! Love all of these! What a cute way to announce the new baby!

Love the baby eyelashes!

And I totally saw the heart in the last pic!

Chat soon!

Unknown said...

Love the eyelashes and the sweet shot! All wonderful photos!!

Shannon said...

Such great shots! I love the block and upside down photos!

Jamie said...

Your photos are amazing - and what a fun way to announce a pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos!!

julie said...

LOVE how creative your sweet shot is!!! Awesome :)

Unknown said...

I love the upside down photo. Totally gonna copy that. if thats okay... and the heart/bangs! AWWWEEESSOMMME!

clavel said...

love your photos! I am following your blog, visit and follow mine 2! tnx.

Renegades said...

The upside kid photo is my favorite. I also like the creativity of the blocks photo.

grace said...

These are all so great! You are an awesome photographer! I especially love the one with the little boy hanging upside down... that is so cute!! :)

Polly said...

I absolutley adore your pictures! The one with the little boy hanging upside down is so stinkin' cute. Keep it up :)

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Woa...wait a sec! Tiffany's kids are your niece and nephew???? No way! I didn't know that! I can't believe how far Tiffany has come too. You guys are just going foward by leaps and bounds. What a great photoraphy buddy to have - that's so cool!

© 2011 The Franklins, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena